- Written by Ken Richards,
St Kitts and Nevis (WINN): Potential home owners who were expecting to be in their new government-built homes from this week are being told they’ll have to wait a little longer.
Minister responsible for Housing Eugene Hamilton announced last week that the distribution process of some 84 houses was about to begin.
“We will be distributing 84 units, 19 will be in Lodge Ottleys , 27 will be at Green Acres in Halfway Tree, 28 will be at Pine Gardens, 6 at Buckleys and another 6 at Taylor’s Village”
However that first Team Unity distribution of government houses is being putting back slightly for a variety of reasons.
Minister Hamilton told Winn FM Wednesday that those reasons include the vandalizing of a few of the new houses.
“We are satisfied that the houses are near completion because as we speak I understand that there has been at least some attempt by forces unknown to vandalize in the last two or three days. At least I think 5 or 6 of the houses have been broken into and I understand that items have been removed. It requires us providing security as we lead into distributing them”