It is that time of the year again for the Sandy Point Benevolent Society to announce its 2018 Scholarship Opportunities.
Each year the Sandy Point Benevolent Society’s Scholarship Committee continues to embark on new initiatives to enhance its scholarship program. This year we have collaborated with Monroe College, New York to award three additional scholarships to new students from the SPBS Community.
The primary goal of SPBS is unchanged – to support eligible Charles E. Mills Secondary School (CEMSS) students and graduates at all stages whether incoming freshmen to current college students.
We endeavor to provide critical support for students in college and build a “family” of new leaders and future servants for the CEMSS community.
- Candidates must be from the SPBS community and/or a National who attended a local secondary school.
- Candidates must be actively attending or newly accepted to college/university and pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree.
- Candidates, whether pursuing their degree onsite (on campus) or via distance education, must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits per semester.
- Candidates must maintain a GPA of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 for the undergraduate scholarship.
- Candidates must have a proven record of involvement in community development.
- Candidates must not be on full scholarship or any other scholarship with partners.
- Completed application form
- 500 words personal essay/statement of purpose
- Proof of school enrollment such as transcripts and acceptance letters. Note: GPA will be verified prior to award.
Deadline and Announcement
- Submit applications electronically to Kimarah Isaac at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2018.
- Scholarship decisions will be announced by May 30th, 2018
“We give back so, others can move forward.”
AAPLY NOW ATHTTP://WWW.SPBSINC.ORG/SCHOLARSHIPS/