Gypsy is one of Netflix’s highly anticipated new shows and we caught up with actress Melanie Liburd to get to know her before the series premieres this Friday!
Melanie was born in Hertfordshire, England, daughter of Georgina a Realtor and Michael Liburd a Martial Arts Expert and has two brothers Marc and Leon. She is half Kittitian, half English. Her mother was born in Russell Square in London and her father was born on the Island of Saint Kitts and Nevis. Before training as an actress at The Identity Drama School, she was a fashion/beauty model and traveled all over the world. She also read Art History and attained a BA Hons in Fashion Design.
You might recognize the 29-year-old British actress from her appearances on shows like Game of Thrones and The Grinder. Here are 10 Fun Facts she shared with us:
- 1. I’m half Kittitian (the Island of St Kitts) and half English.
- 2. I’m a speed demon on a snowboard.
- 3. I grew up in a house full of rescued animals – my mum is the real life Dr. Doolittle.
- 4. I have a BA Honors degree in fashion.
- 5. I’m obsessed with sword fighting, bo-staff training and Pilates.
- 6. I’m fascinated by live storytelling events just like my character Alexis on Netflix’s Gypsy.
- 7. My cousin is Jason Priestley.
- 8. I love riding my bike along Venice beach and hiking in the Malibu hills.
- 9. I have two amazingly handsome brothers who made me say this.
- 10. To date, I have only ever played one role using my natural British accent.
Watch Gypsy when it premieres on Netflix on Friday, June 30!