(St.Maarten) The 44th Annual Leeward Islands Debating Competition hosted by the Hyacinth Richardson Educational Awareness Foundation will be held on St. Maarten starting on February 25th at the Maho Sonesta Beach Hotel.
The students will be debating a number of topics over the 4 day Competition. The Topics include:
• Legislating and removing corporal punishment will be detrimental to Caribbean Societies.
• The free movement of Caricom nationals is a net positive for the Caribbean Region
• The Illegal Drug Trade has undermined the legitimacy and effectiveness of Caribbean Governments
• The Caribbean are not doing enough to combat child use.
• The popularity of skin lightening is testament to the racism/colourim that plagues Caribbean Society.
• The marginalization of men have led to the breakdown of Caribbean Society.
The Participating teams are Anguilla , Antigua and Barbuda, BritishVirgin Islands, Montserrat, Nevis, St. Kitts and host St. Maarten