St.Kitts Opposition Labour Party Does Not Support Good Programmes and Projects That Benefit the People
The beauty ofexistence is, it can be physical or spiritual, visible or invisible, tangible or intangible, logical or illogical, evil or good.
The laws of nature tell us that we have choices. There is moisture but in the absence of water, it is dry. There is heat, but in its absence,it is cold, and whatever goes up, surely comes down. In the minds of men, there are also choices, to do good or to do evil and we are defined based on the choices we make. What we allow to fill us, to occupy the inner corridors of our mind, heart and soul manifest themselves in our thoughts, and produce utterances and actions that show who we are and what we are. In other words, what we are, is exactly what is in us. If we nurture inside of us, hatred, spite, malice, greed, selfishness and vengeance, then those are the things that will define us. However, if we plant seeds of kindness, respect, love and care for others then we will be vessels of those very virtues.The Bible states, ‘The desire of the righteous ends only in good but the hope of the wicked only in wrath’. While some persons may attempt to disguise themselves, in the final analysis, we cannot hide who and what we really are.
There are leaders in this country who practice the art of disguise and whose mission is to mislead the people by presenting falsehood, fabrication and fake news. They see good being done through programmes that benefit the common man and woman and yet, they criticize, object and refuse to give support to the good being extended to our people. They see beneficial, helpful and needed projects being undertaken in St. Kitts and Nevis, yet they oppose such developments and strategize to undermine their progress.
The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis is on a path of real growth and advancement with a focuson people development. The metamorphosisbegan in February 2015 when TEAM UNITY asked and was given the opportunity by the people of both St. Kitts and Nevis to govern our twin islands. Numerous programmes and projects to transform the country have been completed, many more are ongoing. Yet, with all these undertakings, the leaders of Labour, cannot give an ounce of support to developments that are good and give value, wealth and respect to our people.
Take some examples, of the way the Labour leaders oppose helping the people!
- Roof repairs under the Hurricane Relief Fund, Labour did not support.
- $500 monthly to households earning less than $3000 monthly, Labour did not support.
- Payment of double salary for three consecutive years, Labour did not support.
- Construction of a second cruise ship pier at Port Zante, Labour did not support.
- Repairs to the island main road giving local constructors and tradesmen work, Labour did not support.
- Relocation of the Basseterre High School to ensure teachers and students are not exposed to hazardous health conditions, Labour did not support.
- Construction of a new state of the art Basseterre High School, Labour does not support.
- Introduction of MRI services at JNF Hospital, Labour did not support.
- Record increase in budgetary funds to the Ministry of National Security to reduce crime and promote peace, Labour did not support.
- Construction of the East Bus Terminal, Labour did not support.
- Budgetary support to the island of Nevis – NIA, Labour does not support.
- FRESH START programme, Labour did not support.
The purpose of governance, whether in office or opposition, is to have programmes and projects that bring added value to the people of the country. What kind of leaders would not support programmes and projects that are good and beneficial to the people? What is inside the hearts and minds of the Labour leaders to oppose almost everything that TEAM UNITY does to help the people of our Federation? Remember, what we are, is exactly what is in us. If we nurture on our inside hatred, spite, malice, greed, selfishness and vengeance, then those are the things that will define us. The labour leaders need to search within and see what dwells inside of their hearts and minds. By opposing all goods programmes and projects for the ordinary people of our country, and even trying to undermine them, suggests minds and hearts that are evil.
Traits of evil are evident in jealousy, hatred, malice, persistent negativity and opposition, rage, disrespect of others, loud blabbering filled lies and deception. Unfortunately, these are traits often associated with many of the present candidates and leaders of the Labour party. What are their true intentions? What is their desire? There is a proverb, ‘He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it’. Our hearts and minds must desire goodness and seek to do good regardless of whether we are in opposition or government….in fact, always! The display and practice of evil is wrong and to oppose and undermine good projects and programmes that bring relief and benefit to the people is wrong.
TEAM UNITY seeks to do good for the people of St. Kitts and Nevis and will find goodwill from them in the course of time.