Basseterre, St. Kitts, April 13, 2021 (SKNIS): The Team Unity Cabinet of Ministers met on Monday, April 12, 2021, at the Ministry of Finance Conference Room, under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris. Several issues affecting the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis were deliberated on.
- The Chair commended the People’s Action Movement (PAM) coalition colleagues on the successful hosting of their party’s convention on Sunday, April 11, 2021.
- The Chair reported to the Cabinet on the meeting with private sector stakeholders and government on April 8, 2021, in an effort to get their input on the restarting of the local economy.
- Cabinet discussed and was brought up to date by the Honourable Minister of Tourism on plans for the reopening of the tourism sector. The timing, however, is contingent on the vaccination rollout, and stakeholders in the tourism industry are demanding vaccinations as a prerequisite for our participation as a country.
- The Chair updated the Cabinet on the situation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines following discussions with the Prime Minister of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, as well as the Director-General of the OECS.
- The National COVID-19 Task Force gave its usual report to the Cabinet and spoke to the fact that a container was being prepared to be shipped to St. Vincent and the Grenadines on Tuesday, 13th April courtesy of Tropical Shipping.
- Cabinet was briefed that protocols are being put in place for the hosting of Culturama this year. Meetings are currently being held with the Culturama Committee to ensure adherence to all COVID-19 protocols which would be established for safe hosting.
- Cabinet approved Administrative Professionals Day from 18th to 24th April, with Wednesday 21st April as Administrative Professionals Day.
- Cabinet approved submissions, which would redound to the economic benefit of the Federation.