Basseterre, St.Kitts (December 17th 2015):- An impressive catalogue of support has been provided to the Police and Security Forces since Team Unity took office. Several of these were highlighted in the 2016 Budget Address delivered yesterday by Dr The Hon Timothy Harris, Prime Minister and Minister of National Security.
Dr Harris pointed to several initiatives including:
1. The acquisition of vehicles for Police;
2. Investment in CCTV, and the purchase of a comparison microscope;
3. Investment in improved communication for police via Motorola Systems;
4. Investment in systems to protect anonymity of callers reporting on crime;
5. Advisers from UK to monitor police, to provide specialized training, and to establish systems procedures for effective police;
6. Provision of facilities for a Forensic Unit;
7. Support 6 Point Action Plan;
8. Support 6 canine dogs ordered to support law enforcement;
9. Provision of allowances for Police Officers who go beyond the call of duty in support of the 6 Point Action Plan to reduce violent crime;
10. Additionally Dr Harris proposed a whopping 20 percent increase in police risk pay and.