The St. Kitts Nevis Association of Atlanta (SKNAA) welcomed Dr. Thelma Phillip-Browne. Dr. Browne is the St. Kitts Nevis Ambassador to the United States. Members of the various Atlanta-based Caribbean organizations and the Atlanta- Caribbean Council of Presidents welcomed Dr. Browne to Atlanta.
Red Carpet Shelly.com reports that in addition to welcome addresses from the myriad of Caribbean organizations, Dr. Phillip-Browne introduced herself to Atlanta. Adorned in the National Dress of St.Kitts-Nevis , Dr. Phillip-Browne hastened the large gathering of Caribbean Nationals to think of themselves as the “New Argonauts”. She reminded the audience of the importance of returning to the home countries in the Caribbean to give back and stop the prevalent Caribbean “brain drain”. Dr. Phillip-Browne spoke of identifying human resources throughout the Diaspora and forming “brain circles”
HE Phillip-Browne gave an address that was a wonderfully crafted, heartfelt, and warm introduction to the kind of Ambassador Dr. Phillip-Browne will be.
The evening also included a tasting of Ou-Oui! Premium Rum Liqueurs from Founder and President of Caribbean Smooth Premium Rum Liqueur Kittitian Nigel Walwyn,(www.caribbeansmooth.com). The night concluded with attendees tiny winying, palancing and electric sliding with St.Kitts DJ Choice One.
Proceeds from the event benefited the Dominica Atlanta Community Association (DACA) Tropical Storm Erika Relief Fund, to offset the cost of shipping barrels of relief supplies to Dominica in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Erika. Thank you to Denise Quinlan, President of SKNAA for organizing such a wonderful event! It was indeed a memorable evening.
Organizations in Attendance:
• Denise Quinlan, President – St. Kitts Nevis Association of Atlanta Inc. (SKANAA)
• Marilyn Browne, Immediate Past VP – Guyana Association of Georgia, Inc.
• Dr. Elaine Bryan – The Elaine Bryan Foundation
• Tony Gray, VP – Atlanta Jamaican Association, Inc. (AJA)
• Honorary Consul, Marva Jacobs – Honorary Consulate of Guyana
• Sherwin James, President – The Dominica Atlanta Community Association, Inc. (DACA)
• Honorary Consul of Barbados, Dr. Edward Layne – The Caribbean Diaspora for Science, Technology and Innovation (CADSTI)
• Uldeen Lee, President – Antigua and Barbuda Association of Georgia, Inc.
• Benjamin Norbert, President – St. Lucia Association of Georgia, Inc.
• Sharon Robinson, Interim Research Library Administrator – Auburn Avenue Research Library
• Valrie Walker Sanders, Founder – Georgia Caribbean American Heritage Coalition, Inc.
• Sherryl Thegg, Executive Director – Spice of the Caribbean Association of Georgia, Inc.
• Austin Thompson, CEO – Thompson Management Consulting, Inc.
• Joyce Thompson, President – Trinidad and Tobago Association of Georgia, Inc.
• Jackie Watson, President – The Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce of Georgia, Inc.